Friday, March 20, 2009

VIDEO: Michelle Obama Growing Up Kids "would say 'ooh - you talk funny. you talk - like a white girl.'

The same day her husband mocked the Special Olympics, Michelle Obama gets racial.

The relevant remarks are at 1:40.



As a kid growing on the south side of Chicago, Michelle Obama remembers being ridiculed for trying to be educated and get good grades.

"I wanted an "A". I wanted to be smart. I wanted to be the person who had the right answer. And I didn't care if it was cool - 'cause I remember there were kids around my neighborhood who would say 'ooh - you talk funny. you talk - like a white girl.' I heard that growing up my whole life.”

She added: "I was like, I don't even know what that means, but I'm still gettin' that "A".


It was the first lady’s way of encouraging a dozen kids at an inner city high school in the nation’s capital, to pursue better lives – no matter what anybody thinks.

Stumble Upon Toolbar submit to reddit

No comments:

Post a Comment