Sunday, March 15, 2009

Senator Lautenberg Responds To My Letter; They Really Don't Care, Do They?

I wrote my Representative and my two Senators in late January regarding reckless spending in the $800 Billion CRAPulus Spending Bill. I noted the following disgusting government waste with respect to Federal funding for digital cable converter boxes for the nearly 6.5 million people still using "rabbit ears" for television reception.

Wait, we've already spent $1,340,000,000 on these "coupons"? The Democrats want to add $650 million more bringing the total to nearly $2 billion? That's about $300 per converter box. But the boxes only cost between $40 and $80 right? Still with me? $300 per viewer for something that even on the high end costs $80. So, even assuming no one will go out and purchase the boxes with their own money and assuming that there is an extra $120 per viewer that is "missing" or "misused"... where is the other $780 Million? No, really? Where is it?


My Republican Representative sent me a ridiculous form letter response which had absolutely nothing to do with the question I had asked.

In haste and frustration, I deleted it from my In Box.

Here's my BS response from one of my two Senators. Yup, it only took 2 months to respond. What a joke.

***

Thank you for contacting me about economic recovery legislation. I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.

Steep stock market declines, rising rates of unemployment, and increasing home foreclosures have resulted in a financial crisis of staggering proportions. As more Americans are struggling in these difficult economic times, I am working to ensure that the federal response is as responsible as it is responsive to the needs of New Jersey’s hardworking families.

The “American Recovery and Reinvestment Act” (P.L. 111-5) was signed into law on February 17, 2009. This law provides federal funding to create and save more than 3.5 million jobs, improve our nation’s infrastructure, provide tax relief to middle-class families, and give New Jersey’s stressed budget a needed boost of funds. This legislation, which is an important step towards helping residents of our state weather this financial storm, takes unprecedented measures to ensure transparency and accountability for the use of federal funds.

Please be assured that I will continue to closely monitor the implementation of the “American Recovery and Reinvestment Act,” and I will keep your concerns in mind as further legislation is considered in the Senate.

Thank you again for contacting me.

Sincerely,

Frank Lautenberg

Stumble Upon Toolbar submit to reddit

1 comment:

  1. I have tried repeatedly to contact him and Senator Menedez concerning cap and trade, healthcare, Gues what, no return email, phone call, regular mail
    you are right- they don't care.

    ReplyDelete