Thursday, March 26, 2009

VIDEO: John Rich's "Shuttin' Down Detroit"; Great Song About Government and American Economy Today

John Rich singing his new single which talks about how Washington fundamentally doesn't understand how the real world works anymore.

Great song. Worth the watch. Seriously.



Lyrics courtesy of John Rich/Glenn Beck.

My daddy taught me in this country everyone's the same.
You work hard for your dollar and you never pass the blame,
When it don't go your way.
Now I see all these big shots whining on my evening news,
About how they're losing billions and it's up to me and you
To come running to the rescue.

Well, pardon me if I don't shed a tear.
They're selling make believe and we don't buy that here.

Cause in the real world they're shuttin' Detroit down,
While the boss man takes his bonus pay and jets on out of town.
D.C.'s bailing out them bankers as the farmers auction ground.
Yeah while they're living up on Wall Street in that New York City town,
Here in the real world they're shuttin' Detroit down.
Here in the real world they're shuttin' Detroit down.

Stumble Upon Toolbar submit to reddit

1 comment:

  1. Mollie in Hazard4/02/2009 11:18 PM

    I couldn't agree with John Rich more. Obama wants everyone else to give up everything, but he is living it up. I am very sick of him already. Amen, John Rich. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete