Friday, July 31, 2009

Sen. Dodd Announces Cancer Diagnosis, Defends Healthcare Plan (Video)

Sen. Chris Dodd (D-Connecticut) announces that he has been diagnosed with prostate cancer about six weeks ago. Since it was caught early, it is treatable. "This is the slowest growing -- the best one to have," he says. "I'm very confident we're gonna come out of this well."

"I'm gonna be fine... We caught this early."

He also tells reporters that "I have a very good health care plan," which covers an annual physical, which revealed the diagnosis. "I'm fortunate as a member of Congress to have these benefits."

Finally, he announced that he's running for reelection, and joked that he'll be "a little leaner and meaner" in doing so.

Politics aside, I wish Sen. Dodd well in his recovery. And yes, luckily he had great insurance; the kind that "Obamacare" WILL NOT provide.

Stumble Upon Toolbar submit to reddit

No comments:

Post a Comment