Thursday, May 21, 2009

Michael Steele On His College Experience: "I Partied My Behind Off." (Video)

"I heard there were classes," the former Freshmen Class President at John's Hopkins says to a group of students.



From The Swamp:

Michael Steele, chairman of the Republican National Committee and onetime lieutenant governor of Maryland, was not always a high-achiever.

He once got kicked out of Johns Hopkins University, he allows, because of some
hard-partying.

"I partied my behind off,'' Steele explains.

"I heard there were classes, and some people told me I really should go. But I was having a good time. I was freshman class president ... I just networked the heck out of that bad boy. I was getting there. I was talking. I was grooving. I was having a ball."

He says all of this, by way of imparting a valuable lesson, in the "Students and Leaders" program that C-SPAN will air next week. C-SPAN taped the RNC chairman speaking with students at Woodson Senior High School in Washington, D.C.

With "Students & Leaders," C-SPAN and Comcast are sponsoring "a unique educational experience for students at five Washington, D.C. public schools.'' Several leaders of Congress, reporters, and others are discussing leadership and service.

In his talk, Steele speaks of having to inform his mother that he was expelled, and then fighing his way back into school -- to achieve straight A's.

Full Speech:

Stumble Upon Toolbar submit to reddit

No comments:

Post a Comment